Designing your own Bubby? Great!! There are a few things you need to keep in mind before starting.
- All Bubbies are Required to have at least one of each trait category. (Except misc and fluff, which are optional) The categories are as follows:
- Fluff (Optional)
- Misc (Optional)
- Bubbies MUST have all three of these key traits:
- Only ONE of the key traits can be a "missing" or "none" trait, if the given rarity allows it. (I.e., a Bubby can have the Wings, None trait OR a missing horns trait (only applicable with special traits), but not both.
- All Bubbies are REQUIRED to have eyelashes! They can be any shape and do not need to be large, but must be visible.
Common, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra Rare, and Special MYOs as seen above
Rarity in official adoptables is determined by the rarest trait the Bubby possesses. (i.e. a Bubby with all common traits and one uncommon trait will still be uncommon)
In MYOs (make your owns), rarity is determined by the MYO purchased. MYOs only allow for a certain amount of traits to be chosen, as seen below:
- Common: All Common Traits
- Uncommon: Two Uncommon Traits, All Common Traits
- Rare: One Rare Trait, Two Uncommon Traits, All Common Traits
- Ultra Rare: One Ultra Rare Trait, Two Rare Traits, All Uncommon Traits, All Common Traits
- Ultra Rare (Angel): All Ultra Rare Traits, Two Rare Traits, All Uncommon, All Common
- Special: Unlimited Traits
- Special (Subspecies): Varies, But allows all traits from Subspecies List
When using an MYO, the creator may choose to downgrade traits. The conversion list for doing so is always one to two from higher to lower. For example, one Ultra Rare Trait can be converted to Two Rare traits, and One Rare Trait can be converted to Two Uncommon Traits.
Each MYO comes with one custom accessory by default. Custom Accessories cannot be traded or removed from the Bubby they're designed with, and appear in the masterlist as a trait. (I.e. Accessory: Name)
Custom Accessories can be anything considered uncommon or lesser (i.e. a bracelet, a hat, a scarf, a cloak, or anything small to medium that can be physically worn).
Additional Accessories can only be obtained via in-game participation and equipped through your character's masterlist entry.
Using MYOs with Potions
When using an MYO, you can use up to two trait upgrade potions. Just include the potion items with your submission when submitting a claim.
KEEP IN MIND that your Bubby must possess a trait exactly one rarity lower than the potion you plan on using. So if you have a common MYO, you can only use an uncommon trait upgrade. You may use a rare trait upgrade after the uncommon trait upgrade to get that one trait up to rare, but then those would count as your two potions used.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the discord.
Submitting your Design
In order to submit your new MYO or design for masterlist approval, you need to go to the claims tab and start a new claim.
Include a link to your design, preferably as a transparent .PNG or with a white background. Include the following information in the comments when submitting:
- MYO Type + Upgrades (if applicable)
- Traits Chosen (Please format them in the order listed below, as it'll make it much easier on our admins when adding your Bubby to the ML!)
- Fluff (if applicable)
- Misc (if applicable)
... and simply attach your MYO + any relevant upgrades to your claim and submit! Please allow up to 4 days for your design to be approved or rejected. Feel free to reach out to us on discord if it takes longer than that!